Configuring Outlook Express
To configure this email client with the POP before SMTP relay:
- Open Outlook Express.
- In the menu bar, go to the Tools drop-down menu and select Accounts.
- On the page that shows, click Add and select Mail.
- On the wizard page that shows, enter your name in the field and click Next to proceed.
Note: this email will appear when you send out emails.
- On the page that shows, enter your Email Address and click Next to proceed.
- In the form that shows:
– in the drop-down box, choose POP3 as your incoming server;
– enter the Mail Server Name for both Incoming Mail and Outgoing Mail;
– click Next to proceed.
- On the page that appears:
– make sure to enter full email address in the Account Name field;
– enter mailbox password in the Password field;
– check the Remember Password box to avoid entering it every time you check or send email;
– click Next to proceed.
- On the page that shows, click Finish to save settings and get back to the list of email accounts
- Now that email account is created, select Accounts from the Tools drop-down list in the menu bar.
- On the Internet Accounts window, select the newly created mail account and clickProperties to edit the settings for your email account.
- On the Properties page that appears, choose the General tab and check the settings of your email account.
Here you can:
– set the name that will show in your letters
– set reply email (should be the same as email )
- Click Apply and OK to save settings.
Configuring Outlook Express with SMTP Auth Relay
You can set SMTP Auth relay right after your email account is created (steps 1- 8) as described above. To set SMTP Auth, do the following:
- Select Accounts from the Tools drop-down menu in the menu bar.
- On the Internet Accounts window, select the newly created mail account and clickProperties to edit the email settings.
- On the Properties page that appears, choose the Servers tab.
- Check My server requires authentication box and click Settings on the right.
- On the Outgoing Mail Server window that shows you can:
– use the same settings as incoming server;
– enter account name and input another password for outgoing email.
Note: make sure to check Remember password if you don’t want to enter password each time you send out email.
- Click OK.
- Back on the Properties page, click Apply and OK to save settings and then close all dialog boxes.
Now that Outlook Express is configured, you can send and receive emails.